Meeting the prerequisites for the PADI IDC is very important to avoid problems when it comes to getting certified. Making sure you have everything ready eases your mind and you can concentrate on learning to become a great diving instructor. The PADI IDC prerequisites are listed below. If you have any questions about the prerequisites for the PADI IDC please contact us via email or using the WhatsApp button on the page.
PADI IDC Prerequisites
- PADI Divemaster or:
- an instructor member in good standing (renewed or eligible to renew) with another recognized recreational diver training organization.
- have a leadership-level certification in good standing (renewed or eligible to renew) with another recognized recreational diver training organization;
- 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- 18 years old
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months, and have had no medical condition changes.
- Certified diver for at least six months.
- Completed the EFR Primary and Secondary Care course, or other qualifying training, within the last 24 months.Note: Emergency First Response Instructor (or qualifying rating) is required for Open Water Scuba Instructor certification.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
- Documentation of any non-PADI qualifying entry-level, advanced, rescue, and leadership-level certifications as required.