How Long Does My Dive Training Take? Assuming that you will want some time away from diving and a day or two off a week then you need to allow yourself time to fit in all of your courses and get the dives that you need in. The guides provided from each starting level for each internship give a good indication of how much time you will need although in certain cases they can be done quicker.
The full Beginner to Instructor Internship lasts 7 months to allow you time to acclimatise when you arrive and complete your PADI Open Water Diver Course.
There must be a period of at least 6 months between the completion of your Open Water course and your PADI IDC/IE so this allows you to meet this requirement if you are starting from the beginning. During this time you complete the other programs and rack up a large number of dives. Some of our interns leave will well over the required amount of 100 dives.
As a guide to “how long does my dive training take?” Here are the rough time periods.
- Beginner to Divemaster- 3 months
- Beginner to Instructor- 6 1/2 months
- Open Water to Divemaster- 2-3 Months
- Open Water to Instructor – 4 months (if already certified as OWD)
- Advanced Open Water to Divemaster- 2 Months
- Advanced Open Water to Instructor – 4 months
- Rescue to Divemaster – 1 Month
- Rescue to Instructor- 2-3 Months
- Divemaster to Instructor- 1 Month
40 Logged Dives are required to start the PADI Divemaster Course
60 Logged Dives are required as part of the PADI Divemaster Course certification.
100 Logged Dives are required to enter a PADI Instructor Exam
Thanks for sharing good information.