So you have decided to take a GAP year between school and university, after university or a career break. The dive internships offered by Dive Pro Africa give you a structured program to make sure that you actually get something constructive out of your GAP year, which can improve your CV when you look to gain employment later. Potential employers and university admissions tutors cannot fail to notice you when you can put down some of the experience and qualifications that you can acquire during your GAP year diving experience in Kenya.
An example of things you can add to your CV
- Fully qualified in first aid and CPR
- Fully qualified Divemaster/ PADI Diving Instructor with teaching experience at a busy dive centre
- Customer service experience at a popular tourist venue
- Familiarity with emergency response plans
- Work with African communities
- Worked and interacted with people of many nationalities and cultures
- Work in African wildlife management programs and marine conservation programs including supervisory roles
These are just some of the skills that you can acquire but other skill keywords that you can pick up by involvement in our programs could include organisation, using initiative, conducting research, teaching students, communication, motivation, self-discipline, responsibility, leadership, team work, languages, independent learning and conservation project work. All of these skills are looked upon favourably by employers.
Choosing your GAP year scuba diving internship in Kenya involves thinking about what you would like to get out of the program as obviously the different programs offer the chance to learn different skills. Contact us to discuss your different options which could include becoming a diving instructor or Divemaster, or perhaps working in marine conservation projects and learning to manage wildlife on a real African conservancy area. If you have a specific program that you would like to do then we can tailor it for you. Really we want you to get the most out of your GAP year experience as possible and acquire skills that will be useful to you further down the line.