Dive Jobs Kenya– Ocean Tribe are looking for dive centre staff to join our crew in our new dive base in Diani Beach.
Applicants should be Kenyan or have the right to work in Kenya. MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM AND ALREADY A CERTIFIED SCUBA DIVER OR INTERESTED IN EARNING THEIR SCUBA DIVER RATING.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES GUIDE
- A full time hourly position that rotates through retail sales, dive reservations, gas fills and booking scuba training courses.
- A varied schedule will include day, evening and weekend shifts
Essential Job Functions
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Manage Dive Centre Management System (Full Training will be Given)
- Enthusiastically answer incoming calls.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain equipment based on customer needs, desires, and stock levels.
- Independently sell and set up the following: retail items ranging from T-shirts to Computers, Diving & Snorkel Charters, gas fills, and training courses from Try Scuba Diving to IDC Staff Instructor.
- Answer questions regarding the items listed above.
- Describe and explain equipment use, operation, and care to customers.
- Demonstrate use or operation of equipment.
- Clean shelves, counters, and displays.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Bag or package purchases.
- Help customers try on or fit equipment.
- Inventory stock.
- Prepare equipment for purchase or rental.
- Collect customers and monitor dive and snorkel boats.
- Estimate and quote equipment packages.
- Estimate cost of repair or service of equipment.
- Estimate cost of service, gear, or training required, such as “Cost of Open Water Diver Course, Price of Open Water BCD, Cost of Gas Fills, and Dive Charter” requested to complete Open. water Diver specialty from the dive boat in their own BCD.
- Rent gear and prepare rental contracts for customers.
- Distribute and maintain rental equipment, fill air cylinders as needed.
- Attend all staff meetings and all in-service training programs.
- Self-motivated, professional, courteous and enthusiastic team player
- Have a friendly outgoing personality and be goal oriented
- Possess strong communication and exceptional customer service skills
- Maintain an organised and neat work environment
- Be passionate about your interests and personal growth
- Able to multi-task in a multi-disciplined work environment
- Adhere to training standards as set by PADI, DDI and DAN
- Follow personal and professional safe diving practices
- Comply with Ocean Tribe dress code and code of conduct as described in employee handbook, and Retail Center Staff
Full training will be given to the successful candidate as well as scuba diving certifications. Staff members will be expected to learn to dive for product knowledge and will be sponsored to professional levels if show the aptitude.
Interested applications should email a cover letter, CV and current photograph to email@example.com