Prior to your PADI IDC, you will complete the PADI IDC eLearning presentations on a tablet or laptop. This will also include studying your PADI Guide to Teaching (also available in the PADI Training App) and your dive theory from the PADI Divemaster Course. You will also take the time to become more familiar with your PADI Instructor Manual.
The PADI IDC eLearning Sections to be Completed Before Class Are:
- Getting Started
- PADI Systems Overview Dive Theory for Dive Leaders
- Learning and Teaching
- Discover Scuba Diving
- Conducting and Evaluating Knowledge Development
- PADI Open Water Course
- Introduction to Teaching Presentations
- Confined Water Training Open Water Training
- Continuing Education and Leadership Courses
- PADI Quality Management and Licencing
- Risk Management and Legal Consideration Managing Risk
- Business of Diving
- How to Teach RDP – Try to complete at the beginning as helpful.
All 4 EFRI knowledge reviews in your EFR Instructor Manual also need to be completed
There is also the option to complete all of the dry work (classroom workshops with PADI Course Directors, dry presentations, and knowledge development presentations from candidates) online through Scuba Dive Online, prior to coming to the IDC at Ocean Tribe. This frees up your schedule for the IDC and opens the PADI IDC in Kenya up to more people who might be pushed for time. Completing the course this way means you only have to attend the water work presentations in the second half of the PADI IDC.